Wednesday, December 26, 2012

SHA 15.15 Clone turns into Trac maintenance.

Mounted this carb this morning and without any sort of force the mounting flange broke when I tighened the pinch bolt. Bummer. So far I do not recomend this carburetor unless I receive a replacement that doesn't break immediately. The brand of it is ARBEO BILBAO-ESPANA just in case anyone else finds these for sale. Installing this on my Trac led me to find my throttle slide spring was broken in my SHA 14.12 and my choke lever was falling apart. Also, my intake shim broke in the process. Damn. Made a makeshift shim out of hard electrical I bought from harbor freight until replacements show up from treatland. Once I dug into that I realized my throttle cable has been screwed up and sticky for way too long, so I made a new cable and knarp and routed it properly finally. Once I realized that wasn't exactly the worst things ever (although I hated every second of it) I decided to figure out why the brakes worked terribly. Figured why not since I commute every day on it and occasionally find need to stop and or slow down. One of my cable had frayed and wore out so i dug out one of spares meant for the 1985 Trac build. Re-reouted all the brake cables properly as well. Once I got done with all that crap, I dug into my hobbit and saw that the cylinder stud holes in the case were way stripped, and somewhat helicoiled. I thought that sucked so I cleaned up what was there, drilled what needed to be drilled and installed new thread coils. Bingo! Dino DNA, it worked. After a full day of feeling like none of my bikes ran better or went any faster and tired of the bullshit, I rode the mobylette around to blow off some steam. I installed a variator on it but didn't change the rear sprocket so it's a little slow off the line and doesn't really pull hills as well as a stock 50v. Fuck it for today, I froze my ass off and all I got done was boring. Maybe tomorrow I'll make all of my bikes run and do 100mph. Or 100mpg. I get those 2 mixed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment